<b>Underground Wedge Stability Analysis</b><br><br> <i>Unwedge</i> is an interactive program for analyzing the geometry and stability of 3D wedges formed by structural discontinuities and underground excavations. <i>Unwedge</i> calculates factors of safety for potentially unstable wedges and models the influence of support systems on wedge stability. Use <i>Unwedge</i> to create a model, perform a safety factor analysis, place reinforcement and interpret the results. Joint orientations can be imported into <i>Unwedge</i> from <i>Dips</i>. <br><br>For a comprehensive program overview, including a description of available features and options, see the <a href="http://rocscience.com/help/unwedge/webhelp/Unwedge.htm">Online Help</a>.
- How is plunge defined?
- How can I add two types of bolts with different properties in Unwedge?
- What bolt patterns can be specified in Unwedge?
- Can I model spiles with the support elements in Unwedge?
- Can I run a probabilistic analysis in Unwedge?
- Can I carry out a seismic analysis in Unwedge?
- Why does the factor of safety not increase when the wedge weight increases?
- Once movement occurs does Unwedge continue to calculate the factor of safety based on the buoyant weight of the block?
- When including a constant joint water pressure in Unwedge, does the reported factor of safety consider the buoyant weight or the dry weight?
- What is the difference between shear force and resistance force?
- How is support pressure defined in Unwedge?
- What is the significance of zero pressure on the boundary in Unwedge?
- Can I model tunnel intersections in Unwedge?
- How can I include the effect of in-situ stress (clamping stress) on the wedge safety factor?
- My input data includes a lot of possible joint orientations. How can Unwedge help me determine which combinations of joints are the most critical?
- How do I add support to perimeter wedges?
- How can I scale down the size of wedges? How will this affect the factor of safety and support requirements?
- How do I create a simple model in Unwedge?