<p>Here we have answered common <i>Swedge</i> theory questions.</p> <p>If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for: <li>Try looking at our <a href="https://support.rocscience.com/hc/en-us/sections/201022267-Features">Swedge Features</a> page</li> <li>Look at the <a href="https://support.rocscience.com/hc/en-us/sections/201022277-Developer-s-Tips">Swedge Developer’s Tips</a></li> <li>Try searching the <a href="https://www.rocscience.com/help/swedge/webhelp/Swedge.htm">Swedge Online Help</a></li> <li><a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">Email Technical Support</a></li> </ul> </p>
- What is the meaning of Area (Slope) in the wedge information list?
- Why might water pressure cause a decrease in Factor of Safety as the slope angle decreases?
- Why does the persistence analysis option affect the probability of failure?
- Why might a small change in applied force result in a considerable change in factor of safety?
- Why might a very small tension crack have a strong influence on factor of safety under saturated conditions?
- Why, in some cases, does a small increase in percentage filled for a fissure cause a dramatic drop in factor of safety?
- Is the Combination Analysis option in Swedge a Probabilistic Analysis?