Shear Strength Reduction (SSR)
<p>This page contains articles that discuss slope stability analysis through SSR in <em>RS2</em>.</p> <p>If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for: <li>Try searching the <a href="https://www.rocscience.com/help/phase2/webhelp9/phase2.htm">RS2 Online Help</a></li> <li><a href="mailto:email@example.com">Email Technical Support</a></li> </ul> </p> <p><p><br></p> Rocscience has also written papers on Shear Strength Reduction, and links to these papers are provided below.<br> <br> <a href="https://www.rocscience.com/documents/pdfs/uploads/7695.pdf">Investigating the Performance of the Shear Strength Reduction (SSR) Method on the Analysis of Reinforced Slopes</a><br> <br> <a href="https://www.rocscience.com/documents/pdfs/uploads/7705.pdf">The Shear Strength Reduction Method for the Generalized Hoek-Brown Criterion</a></p> <p><p><br></p> The papers below, from RocNews, also discuss SSR.<br> <br> <a href="https://www.rocscience.com/documents/pdfs/uploads/7686.pdf">A New Era in Slope Stability Analysis: Shear Strength Reduction Finite Element Technique</a> <br><br> <a href="https://www.rocscience.com/documents/pdfs/rocnews/summer2015/SSR_RS2.pdf">Unique Shear Strength Slope Stability Features in RS2</a> </p> <p><br></p> <p>There are many other resources available online, since SSR is quite a common method.</p>
- What are some general guidelines for carrying out an SSR analysis in RS2?
- How do I include joints in the SSR analysis?
- Can SSR analyses be done for tunnels?
- What is the critical SRF?
- Do I need to add a tension crack to my RS2 SSR model?
- How do I interpret the SRF value and the displacements that result from SSR analysis?
- How are the material properties reduced by the SRF?
- What does it mean if I get different results when using different seed values for SSR?
- How can I specify a search area for an SSR analysis?
- What does it mean if the critical SRF determined by RS2 is less than 1?
- Can SSR be used in an axisymmetric model?
- How do I turn on the SSR analysis option?